background

Friday, January 13, 2012



This started out as one of my Christmas cards but I decided to give it to my Aunt who will be 60 at the end of the month.  The digi is one of Karen Middleton's which I found on the Cuddly Buddly website; she's called Winter Fairy.  I used Liquid Applique and my embossing tool to give dimension to the snow she's standing on.  I colored her with my Fantasia premium artist colour pencils and blended the colors to give dimension with Gamsol orderless mineral spirits and the Cut-N-Dry pen nibs. Of course I had to use Stickles to enhance the holly berries, the flowers in her hair and her wings.  The use of the tulle was a technique I learned from my fellow crafter Jeni from Flip-Flop Creations.  The button I purchased back in the fall from Michael's Recollections embellishments.  I used them on some altered projects I did for Halloween which I will post later.  The large snowflake punch is by Martha Stewart and the swirls are medium Sizzlits from their Decorative Swirls Set which I used in my Cuttlebug.  Another example of me straying from the norm when using holiday colors.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land Susan. Your first 2 cards are beautiful, you're off to a wonderful start. Looking forward to more creations. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! Heading over to Cuddly Buddly myself to check them out. Ditto Jeni's welcome to blog land. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete