background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Birds of a Feather


I'm supposed to be teaching myself how to use my new Cricut Expression 2 but I've had this card on my mind for a week or so and wanted to publish it.  I was inspired by a youtube video I saw which was posted by Bona of  LiveLoveScrap.  I cut the birdcage from Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary collection which I purchased on line at Cut-@-Home as my local craft stores do not carry all the Spellbinders stock. I used it as a template and inked over the image with different colored earth tone inks then used that image as a shadow/background.  I embellished it with feathers, flowers, lace, raffia and Spanish moss.  I also embossed the background paper with Sizzix's Music embossing folder. I'm sending it to my sister's high school friend who we both "adopted" as our sister on her last visit over New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment