background

Friday, January 13, 2012

This is a fun technique I learned from a YouTube video I was linked to during Paper Craft Planet's Fran*tage Friday; it's called "emboss resist".  The stamp I used is from Artful Legacy who's storefront used to be located in Surfside Beach but is now in the Lugoff area.  Buck had a shop next door where he made his own rubber stamps.  Their shop is where I began my card crafting hobby. This one says "you are the sunshine of my life" in the upper left corner.  I used VersaMark on the stamp and stamped on white paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I stamped the various colors with a sponge and the finished powder "resists" the ink.  I placed it on green glitter paper cut with Spellbinders Small Classic Scalloped Squares and the heart from their Classic Scalloped Hearts. The swirl is from Sizzlit's Decorative Swirl Set and the flower on the heart is Spellbinders Shapeabilities Flower Bouquet.  The butterfly sticker is a K & Company Grand Adhesions by Susan Winget and their Cut-n-Paste Funky Stripe Paper.  Notice the heart brad in the center of the flower?  This is from Making Memories; I purchased this set last year at this time from Michael's.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan you have created a beautiful blog. Love that header! This card is a real beauty. I am going to have to try the tevchnique. Love it GF!!!

    Congratulations on this new venture. Hope to see more of your creations entered in the challenges like MAKE IT MONDAY. In fact enter this one now. It expires tomorrow.

    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete